I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

What I'm Eating..

I'm watching my nutrition for the next couple of days, so I thought I would share another day of what I eat.  I normally don't like to focus on food as I find I seem to be 'hungrier' and eat more when I do. This time however is not the case as I'm focusing on adding as many fruits and veggies as possible and making sure I'm eating PROPERLY.  I don't want to write down that I ate 8 arrowroot cookies with cream cheese wrapped in ham. So if I don't want to write that down I better not eat it!!!

So here you go. Today's menu

All day I drank a small glass of water when I entered either the bathroom or kitchen.

7am Coffee with cream (I like coffee. deal with it)

8am 1 egg,spinach,tomato and left over sweet potato from last night

10am  another egg (I forgot it was in the pan and I was still hungry

11am  a bit or two of homemade banana/pumpkin bread with nuts  (I had to test it)

1145am  wrap with avocado, sweet pea shoots,left over chicken breast from night before. mayo.

2pm  Small glass of milk and some of my banana bread.

430pm  Shake (because I need to run and will eat supper later)
              blueberries,yogurt,almond milk,almonds,spinach, canned coconut with the milk. Not the most tasty shake I've made lately.

630pm Run

730pm  Water and L-glutamine

830pm  Home now... Homemade quiche with broccoli and spinach.  Keep in mind my portions, especially this late at night are big enough to satisfy, but small enough that I am not stuffed. When I'm focusing on food it is important for me not to have the 'I ate too much' feeling


No comments: