I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Post Race Day Diet

As promised, here is my post race day diet. The key is to jam as many vitamins and minerals, antioxidants and water into my system as possible.  Keep in mind that I like to eat as close to nature as possible without too many foods that are created in factories. If you are a vegan my diet is not for you ;)

730am   Coffee with raw milk cream  ( I don't smoke, eat fast food, or drink other than the occasional glass of red wine...this is my vice so get over it. If you want to be healthier than me drink green tea or water with lemon)

8am Smoothie ( This stops me from drinking another cup of coffee)  Today's smoothie recipe was the following....

banana,organic apple, organic celery,ginger,fresh lemon juice, wheat grass, L-Glutamine, and a touch of 'Bolthouse Farms Green Goodness'  I did that instead of water or juice for a little more green stuff.


1015am  2 eggs from my backyard with tomato and spinach heated in an iron skillet with coconut oil. I drank a cup of water while I made this

1230pm   Sandwich   Two slices of non preservative local whole grain bread, avocado, leftover beef from last night, organic sweet pea shoots, tomato, and mayonnaise.  I LOVE mayonnaise. I didn't have mustard, so I added horseradish for some kick and now I'm all burpy :( 

1pm-3pm   Water, yogurt. If I'm starving before supper I'll make a smoothie with banana, nuts,chia seeds, peanut butter and coconut.  usually around 330pm and I'll share it as a snack with the kids. If I drank it all I would be too full for supper.  If I had made muffins today, this is when I would eat one.


5pm   Supper at our house.  Today it is sweet potatoes baked in some coconut oil and roasting spice, and chicken ala shake n' bake. I would lie and say I made a home made gluten free chicken crust, but that would be...well...lying.   I never said I was perfect.  So with our shake n' bake and potatoes, we are eating raw carrots, sweet peppers and cucumbers.  The carrots are organic, and the peppers and cucumbers are from Ontario. Not perfect, but our town doesn't always have a good organic section, and I'm hoping that at least if it is from Ontario it was grown with SOME standards. I also like that it wasn't shipped a million miles away so hopefully wasn't sprayed with crap.  I could be wrong...I don't care.


7pm  A small glass of pure organic juice mixed with wheat grass. The juice gives me a kick of vitamin C, a little sugar and makes the wheat grass crap palatable. I won't buy JUST wheat grass again. Instead I'll buy a vegan mix with all sorts of good stuff.


8pm  Glass of Water



So that is it for today. That is what I put into my body today. On a running day I scarf down oatmeal with frozen berries, and a few days leading to a big run I make sure I have pasta at least once. I am not hungry and I feel great. I should also be ready to run again tomorrow.



No comments: