I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Marathon?

Three days post 1/2 Marathon and my body has fully recovered. A few people have asked me if I have plans to run the Full Marathon.  My answer is maybe. The FULL Marathon has always been my dream as a runner.  I'm not discounting my Half in ANYWAY. It was still a HUGE goal and accomplishment and I am quite proud of it. However, the Full has always and may always be there beckoning me. 

I'm FULLY going to ENJOY taking a couple weeks off of serious training no matter what my decision is. Training for this Half has taken up a lot of time and commitment and I'm looking forward to some more relaxing weeks. I think my husband is as well, and to be honest if I told him TODAY I was running the FULL in the fall I don't think he would be thrilled. Supportive yes, Thrilled no.

The ONLY thing I'm thinking about it the fact that I'm ALREADY HALF WAY THERE!!!  Why stop now and start ALL OVER again?? Really, Sunday could be looked at as just another LONG RUN. I do also like the idea of making that commitment. That will probably be the only thing that will keep me running in the summer heat!  Besides, my friend is training for her first Half so I'll have a running partner.  Hmmmm.. Something to seriously think about. 


Regardless of my decision I am not committing to anything for TWO WEEKS.  I WANT and welcome the break in my schedule a little.

Then and ONLY THEN will I decide ;) 

Meanwhile it will be my goal to stop eating like I'm training for a Half! lol.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I'll keep you posted on my workout regime and we can correspond some 'dates'. I personally hope you decide to do the marathon because it is one of your 'life dreams' and I know you would totally rock it!!!