I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Knee Diagnosis...Another one.

I spent a good part of yesterday in treatment with an Osteopath. It was amazing. Her entire career is about the link between muscles bones and nerves. You see, 5 years ago my back was ripped open to remove a tumor from my spinal cord. This on top of having 4 babies and probably some other activities in my life has caused my pelvis to twist and tilt.

This movement from my pelvis has caused all my muscles to pull or tighten in places they are not happy about. It makes sense but today I'm off to the Dr. to talk about my knee specifically and see if an MRI is in order.

I think at this point my pelvis is causing a bunch of problems. As much as I may need to treat the pelvic tilt I still need to treat all the other symptoms.

So frustrating. I just want to run.

I had an amazing 18km run Sunday, and a Good 10km run last night. This morning my hamstrings are REALLY tight and my knee is tender once again.

Off to the Dr.

Oh!!! I almost forgot. she looked at me in HORROR when I told her I have not done my CORE AB WORK in 3 months. She said to help my pelvis all I need to do is strengthen my core. It looks like me and the big blue bouncy ball are about to become friends again.

No comments: