I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Here we Go!!

It is Saturday and off to Ottawa I go! I'm ready for this. A little nervous about my knee but sooooo looking forward to running. It feels like a dream. Sort of like when I had our last child. I knew she would arrive eventually but I never really believed she would one day be in my arms. Monday morning I will be sitting here with a medal in my hands.

It IS happening and will be amazing even if I have to crawl across the finish line. I don't really care what my time is. I just want to do it. I have to say that this feeling is quite motivating to go ALL THE WAY. To run the FULL in the fall. I'm already half way there! Why not continue on towards my ultimate goal?

lol. We'll see after running half of it tomorrow if I feel the same way.

I'm going to take it all in today. Attend the fitness expo, take a bus tour of the route, drop off used runners for charity, watch the 5km, and meet my friends for a pre race pasta supper. Then tomorrow morning it will be MY TURN!!!!

I have no more words...just smiles.

See you after the race!!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

You have to do the full marathon now. You truly are a great runner.