I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Sunday, May 1, 2011

18 kms down...3 more to go!

Amazing run this afternoon

First 18km
First time running with a tank top this year
First time in my new runners
First long run with a water belt
First time trying electrolytes in my water and a get package at the 1hr mark.

It went MUCH better than anticipated. I ran the first 10km (that was hilly) with my friend Anita. Talking to her instead of myself helped the time and distance go by quickly. As she is not 'YET' training for a Half she stopped at the 11km mark. I continued by my lonesome another 8 or so kms.

I felt very good. My knee did not bother me one bit.

The last 2 kms were QUITE painful. It was as though my body said ENOUGH! First my foot, then the rest of my leg muscles seized. No big deal. I was just glad I was able to run 16km with virtually no problems. I expected the last part to be hard.

In fact, I EXPECT the last 2-3 kms of the Half Marathon to feel like that.

So recovery drink and ICE BATH later, I feel alright. Sore and tired but I once again have high hopes for this marathon stuff.

No comments: