I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Fit Mom Embracing the weather

When some people think of 'fitness', they think gym, weights or workout. Being a Fit Mom and Fit Family is more than crunches and push ups. Being a Fit Mom is a lifestyle. It is embracing a life of activity and fun!

We returned from our vacation to HUGE amounts of snow! It would be super easy to hibernate and not venture out. In fact the more the cold snowy days continue the easier it is to do just that. Enjoying board games and watching movies is super fun to do in the middle the day every once in a while. But I don't want my body to go into 'hibernation mode'. The less I force myself outside the easier it is to do this.
Today I really did FORCE myself. But the sun came out so it was an opportunity no to be missed. The girls tried on snow shoes for the first time (bought at a garage sale for 5$), Audrey walked as much as she could and then enjoyed the Vit D sitting in her sled. Peyton pulled a sled around and I helped Lara build a snow fort.

It was no 30 minute jog but every form of activity helps. I have also noticed that as long as I'm outside doing SOMETHING, the kids will also stay outside. Leading by example is so important and I'm not ashamed to admit that today it was THEM that helped me get outside. I tried to channel my inner child and have some FUN!!

I'm looking forward to finding some used cross country skis. We have a huge field in our backyard and a snowmobile trail that leads into the forest. We can't change the weather and so why not embrace it.

On that note...I'm off to the YMCA tonight to run INSIDE with my friend while the girls are at Clubhouse. See!! no excuses not to work out. NO EXCUSES.

oh!!! and what better way to reward yourself with fun and exercise outside than homemade cocoa!!

recipe : milk (can use soy or rice milk),water, 100%organic cocoa,and agave nectar. Heat, wisk and serve!!! yum!!!!!!

No comments: