I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Back From Vacation!




I had an AMAZING vacation with my husband. It was filled with sun, fun and relaxation. I have come back feeling renewed in my mind body and soul.

Working as hard as I did on my body before leaving for the cruise paid off. I felt great and my body was not an issue for me. I was able to be in my bathing suit without caring at all what I looked like.

I even managed to get to the gym a few times with my husband. I'm sure I've fallen behind on my half marathon running schedule but I could not care less. With over a 100 days left to train I was thankful for the break.

The last few days of the trip I did eat more than usual. I definitely allowed myself to indulge...like a lot. I did not care as a couple of days of over indulgence is really no big deal. However I am suffering the consequences a little bit today. I am craving more sugar and fat and finding it less appealing to make myself something healthy. I find that so interesting how sometimes it just takes a couple of days 'off' to get back into old habits and unhealthy choices. Being a healthy and fit mom really does take effort and is a life long journey.

As funny as it was to realize that in one day I consumed about 4000Cals it would not be so funny if that continued. I'm a fit mom so I can allow myself those kinds of indulgences, but every day no. Oh...and most of those calories consumed were found in things like eggs Benedict, chocolate,and a giant pizza thingy from a fast food join. Oh my poor heart!!


I'm allowing myself one more day of 'vacation' eating. Tomorrow I need to get back on the wagon if I'm going to have enough energy and stamina to home school my children, keep a farm house, raise chickens,train for a marathon and still have enough enthusiasm left for my husband.


Oh y'a...I promised a before and after picture of my efforts to get into my bikini. I have the after shots but if you can believe it, I LOST MY MEMORY CARD for my camera the day before the trip. I had a spare but it did contain 1500pictures not yet downloaded or printed off :( So no before pics.




1 comment:

AnnG said...

Whatever you looked like before you NOW look FABulous in that swimsuit and you totally deserved your vacation and a little indulgence while away!! Welcome home!