I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

1/2 Marathon Training Step TWO

Step One : Commit to run 3x a week for 3 weeks for a total of 1.5hrs a week.

Step Two: For the next 6 weeks I will build my base. I will still run 3x a week for a minimum of 30mins each time. I will increase my TIME no more than 10% a week. This is to get my body used to the distances. For example: This week I ran about 90 minutes (give or take a couple of minutes). Next week I will run 10% more, so I will just add 10minutes (The extra minute is no big deal).

I can add the entire 10 minutes to one 'long' run, or I can split up the time into 2 runs. I think for the first week I will do that just to build slowly. I have 19 weeks or so until my race so there is PLENTY of time I build faster later. I would rather be cautious at this point.

Since I am going on a cruise at the end of January I will be adding core work on my stability ball EVERY DAY with some stretching exercises. This will help me as a strong core is essential for distance running. I am also and EXTREMELY tight runner and this will FORCE me to stretch.

So there you have it. My plan for the next 6 weeks.

No comments: