I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Leading by example

I am a personal trainer by trade, and former military woman. So I know how important leading by example is.
In University I decided that I was not allowed to coach anyone else about fitness until I lost weight and got to the gym myself. I decided that I didn't have a right to tell anyone else the how to's until I gained enough self control to do it myself.

I try to do the same thing with my children, but too often I just want to shout out 'Just do as I say not what I do!!'

I am trying to teach my kids about healthy nutrition but just can't kick this coffee habit. I preach about fitting fitness into your daily life and making it a priority but I've just allowed another week to go by without running.

I know that I don't need to be 'perfect' to share my knowledge of health and fitness but I should start listening to my own advice!!

I was asked if I would like to run the Ottawa Half Marathon in May. I would LOVE to. It is still my dream. A goal. A love. But it feels so unreachable at this point in my life. I need to dig deep and rediscover myself. Ignite the fire within that burns. I can't let these 4 kids, a husband, the farm, and the Ontario winter to get the best of me. I can't let ME get the best of me.

Enough is enough....

No comments: