I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Sunday, December 12, 2010

The idea of the Half

I've been asked several times now to run the Ottawa Half Marathon at the end of May. I've also had the pleasure of speaking to several motivated runners. Talking about it stirs up a lot of emotion inside. The fire ignites about running. My passion for the sport begins to rev up, and then I start to tear up. I tear up because I know how badly I want it to happen. I tear up because it is a dream of mine and It would be amazing to actually accomplish it. But then I tear up because the painful memory of training for my last marathon is all too real. The knee pain, the time commitment and the discouragement.
I want to do it but I will not commit until I can run three times a week for three weeks without it being a huge fuss around here. Running the half will require some extra massage and Chiro appointments and time to run. I have to admit that I was not very happy with the comment that if I want to run I can always do it at 5am. To me that is just not supportive and frankly I am not a morning runner so I am feeling discouraged before I even begin.

I will pray about it....and get my butt outside for a run and see where that leads me. After all....running is about placing one foot down in front of another. It is about the journey and not the goal so I need to focus on today.

Happy running,
Alyson

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You just have to decide to do it and just do it. You're putting up too many mental blocks. If it's important to you, you will commit to it and it will get done