I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Friday, January 8, 2010

Yogurt..the miracle diet??

I have not been doing so well on my weight loss the pregnancy. I would blame the holidays but really it is my lack of exercise that is doing it. I like to run and when I had my son in 2007 I could head out the door ever night after the kids were sleeping because it was light out.
Now, it is dark at 5pm and I certainly don't feel like trucking to the YMCA at night.
So that is my excuse why I can barely do up my fat pants still.
I have to admit that I'm a little frustrated by it. I THOUGHT I was cutting my calories enough to lose the weight but so far I have only lost 3 pounds in 3 months!

I know that my hormones are holding onto some extra weight for a while, but I would really like to at least fit into my fat pants comfortably.

So this is my new plan....

There is a study that proved adding yogurt to your diet 3 times a day helps with fat loss.
So I'm going to do THAT plus a few other tricks I know for 3 weeks and I'll see what happens.

I'm going to attempt to eat every 3 hrs... a banana here, yogurt there, muffin there. This will kick start my metabolism and keep me satiated (feeling full). It will also force me to eat more fruits and vegetables and of course yogurt, and by the time supper comes around I won't eat as much in one sitting.

We'll see. I've never liked dieting. I will probably just have to get off my butt and go for a run.

No comments: