I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Sunday, January 3, 2010

DIET TIPS

These are my tried and true diet tips.....

Drink lots of water
Drink a big glass of water or milk before meals
While cooking supper snack on carrots and celery
Get ALL junk food out of the house
Do not eat AT ALL after supper...you won't starve
Get your heart rate up for 20-40 mins a day
Get enough sleep
Drink Herbal tea...after your morning coffee ;)
Eat when hungry and stop before stuffed
Craving sugar....eat grapes
No foods are bad...it is all about total calories/day
The more you move the more you can eat ;)

Weigh yourself ONLY once a week..your weight can change daily
Go more by how your clothes feel
Find something to do that you love...it increases your chances of continuing
Set Goals. Long term is o.k but set small goals weeks at a time. This will keep you motivated and help you feel confident.

1 comment:

AnnG said...

Thanks for your tips!! They are all valuable tools for me to continue losing this weight!!