I am AMAZED how one day I can feel like everything is just too much to handle. How everything is too this or too that and everything and anything makes me want to SCREAAAAAAAM....and the next day???? The next day I am in the BEST MOOD.
Today I must have woken up on the right side of the bed, and nobody pee'd in my cornflakes because I am happy, calm and have plenty of patience. Today I like my kids and love the fact that I can spend the day at the park and the pool. I love my life. Yesterday?? not so much.
So what is the difference?
I think it is a few things.
1) I had a much better sleep
2) I am concentrating on eating real food (fruits, veggies, no 'fake food')
3) I am re hydrated
4) My house is pretty clean and picked up...and organized
5) My kids have been FANTASTIC the last few days wherever we have gone thus reducing my need to justify my parenting abilities.
6) I've been able to sit and chat with girl friends which is ALWAYS a great mood booster for me.
7) The sun is out and on my face....amazing what a little Vitamin D will do.
8) Oh...and it is not toooooo hot and humid outside. In fact I would say the temperature is perfect. (meaning no swollen fat pregnant lady)
I find when I'm moody and cranky I eat WORSE. I resort to eating comfort foods that are higher in salt fat and preservatives. I drink more caffeine to pick myself up, and I hide inside the house and flop around on the sofa.
It is only when I recognize that I'm in a 'mood', FORCE myself to eat something healthy, and get off my butt, go outside and take the time to play with the kids that I feel better.
And because yesterday afternoon and this morning I did just that?? I feel better today.
At least that is what I think. Whatever the reason, I'm just glad I'm having a MUCH better day.