I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Running and Barfing

Went to the YMCA last night and ran around the track with my husband. This is a necessity when the temperatures are -30C.

I felt just fine, although I have to admit that I dislike running in circles. Tiny ones to boot.
But...it was nice. I even noticed a pooch emerging from under my shirt. That part was not so nice as it is a fat pooch...not a nice curvy baby belly. It did make me feel a lot more self conscious than normal. Aware that people could see my belly jiggle as I ran. I don't miss that feeling. A reminder of why keeping in shape is important to me. When I'm overweight what I look like and feel like seem to consume me. When I'm skinnier I don't even think about it. I concentrate more on my stride,breath and the feel of the sun on my face as I run. Once the baby belly is here that is different. I LOVE it when people see me walking and notice the bump. It is like spreading sunshine.....o.k I'm digressing here.

SO.... I had what I thought was morning sickness this morning (don't normally get it).
turns out I have ONCE again caught a stomach bug and so I've been throwing up all day.

Lara had it yesterday and is just fine today so I'm PRAYING it is only a 24hr thing.

Erin just started barfing a few hours ago, and I'm PRAYING Peyton does not get it. Not much worse than a barfing 1 year old when you yourself are vomiting.

Pray for me.

I hate to Barf.

I really...really hate to barf.

Oh....and pray my husband takes pity on me and takes the day off tomorrow to take care of us ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm fascinated by the little schematic diagram of what the baby looks like at this stage!