I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Life's a GO-GO

Today was a very busy day. Not busy unusual. Just busy as usual. Get it?

Anyway, today was a typical homeschooling day combined with swimming lessons.
By 10am when I had to drop the girls off at the pool I had done A LOT of linear things. That would be one thing after another...after another...after another.

So to be off 5 minutes on one thing would have made us late for our lessons.

Was it stressful?
no
It was just fine. I just kept moving along.

This included such things as..

Coffee/e-mail time
breakfast
clean up from breakfast
kids dressed/teeth brushed/beds made
laundry folded
chickens fed
bags packed for the ymca
baby changed and put down for a nap
house picked up after half and hour of play
and morning school lessons.

So...off I went to the ymca. Stopped at the post office to mail a present. Dropped kids off at the pool. RAN FOR A HARD 25 MINUTES ON THE TREADMILL. picked kids up, gave snacks in car, stopped at bulk barn for flour, arrived home and made an early lunch.

Now...THE MOST IMPORTANT PART????

The 25 minutes I ran on the treadmill while the kids swam.

Me time accomplished. Stress relief accomplished.

Who says you can't fit it all in ;)

Oh...I haven't showered yet, but plan on a bath tonight after the kids are sleeping :)

No comments: