I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Fitness is Ageless

I did a spinning class last night.

I drop my kids off at our church for a kids program from 6:15-7:30pm.
So...off to the YMCA I go for spinning class from 6:30-7:20pm

For that hour...that sweaty and intense hour...I was suddenly 20 again.

The music was pumping and I was alive. I could picture myself at a club, dancing.... all night.

Then the music slowed and I looked up.

I was surrounded by pretty, well dressed 20 year olds, and I was clearly not a part of that circle.

I was reminded once again about time. about age. about wrinkles and grey hair.

As they quit and I kept going, and I peddled faster, I was also reminded that you are only as old as you feel...and I was kicking their butts ;)

Suddenly age did not matter. In fact...It triumphed.

No comments: