I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

RICE

Taking the week off from running now. This is not something I'm happy about but if I'm going to continue my training I need to make sure my knee is o.k.

So.... Resting, Ice, Compression, Elevation (RICE)....First Aid basics but necessary right now.

I will continue to do Yoga, stretch, bike a few times, and maybe swim.

Oh well.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Hang in there Alyson, I know you'll get there. Take it a day at a time and try not to worry too much about the total kms/week etc.. Take care of your knee and the rest will fall into place on it's own.

cathy said...

Darn it...didn't want to read that on your blog today. Hang in there!