I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Friday, May 2, 2008

First 'race' of the season

I'm running in a 10km race this weekend. I say race because I am WAY too competitive to take it easy and 'just complete' . As much as I know there is no hope of winning this thing, I NEED to get within 50-55 mins to feel satisfied.

Just being real here.

So...pray that I don't blow out my knee. Last race I entered I did just that and was off running for 8months!!!!!

O.K, maybe if I remind myself of that I'll take it easy.

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Have a good race!! Remember your end goal, which is your marathon! Take it easy, but I am sure the race pace will be great due to all of the excitement! Always gets me going!

Have fun! Enjoy and RUN!!!

The Kerr Family said...

You blew out your knee at a race and you're going to pace me through Beat Beethoven?! Good Lord, what have I signed up for?!

JoLynn Braley said...

Hi Alyson,

Oh my, I hope your knee holds up ok, have fun with your race!!