Want younger, healthier looking skin?
Genetics play a HUGE role, but here are a few tips to help slow the process a little.
1) DON'T SMOKE. For so many reasons, don't smoke. The puckering around the cigarette also causes those fine lines around your mouth to appear quicker.
2) KEEP HYDRATED. Drinking excessive amounts of water does absolutely nothing for your wrinkles. BUT!! being hydrated helps. So, if you drink caffeine and alcohol, make sure you are also drinking enough water to keep up your detoxifying stores of H2O ;)
3) SUN SCREEN. This one should be obvious these days.
4) GET PLENTY OF REST. This allows your cells to rejuvenate. Also gets rid of yucky morning puffiness. If you want to test this theory. Have a baby and don't sleep through the night for a year.
5) EAT YOUR VEGGIES. Eat foods rich in nutrients such as Retinol A found in...CARROTS!! Yup. Forgo that expensive cream, and eat a Carrot. Good for your eyes as well. Also, all those GREEN VEGGIES, rich in antioxidants will help get rid of old cells. (Wow I'm so technical) Oh, and again...antioxidants in creams is useless since it does not penetrate your skin deep enough.
Last but CERTAINLY NOT LEAST....DRUM ROLL PLEASE...
6)AEROBIC EXERCISE!!!! That's right. Sweating cleanses your pores AND...gets your blood pumping (capillaries in your face) giving your that youthful glow. Don't believe me? Count the number of old looking wrinkly faces in a marathon. You won't find many. And the ones you do? are most likely 80 year olds that look 60.
Hmmm....I'm starting to notice a trend here on this whole EXERCISE being the key to a lot of health issues.