I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Ran my last 4(6:1) for a total of 24mins running..28mins total. It felt great. My lungs have absolutely no problem chug chugging along, and to be honest my legs loved it. my knee is slightly sore but I think I just need to do alot more hamstring stretching when I'm done. I think I'm going to force myself to do some yoga the days between runs.
It is hard to believe that two years ago I took my last puff of my Asthma Inhalor. You see I was diagnosed with sports induced asthma when I was about 12. I was figure skating and I was finding it harder and harder to breath everytime I went out onto the ice. Since then everytime I ran or did physical activity I HAD to have my puffer. Especially in the winter. It was awful if I forgot it. For years I have always taken a preventative puff before a run. Two summers ago however I decided to see what would happen if I didn't. It was a humid day and it was not so bad. A little weezy but nothing I could not handle. It slowly got better and since then I have not needed a puffer.
Now some may say I fixed it by exercising my lungs. I would say that is partially true. I think that IN COMBINATION with growing older and MOVING OUT OF MY PARENTS SMOKEY HOUSE!!! I think that may have been a factor. The years after I moved out it slowly got better. Go figure. That and the ''chronic Rhinitis'' I was also diagnosed with in high school. You see I always seemed nasaly and stuffed up, and the doc told me that was what I had. Rhinitis is just a fancy word for Stuffed up :) funny how that dissapeared when I moved away from home and went to University.
I love how nobody blamed the smoking environment I was in......just gave me medications to manage it. Oh well. Different generation I suppose.
I thank God that I am no longer on puffers and thank God I have the ability to run every day.

1 comment:

Carey said...

Thats wonderful news. My 5 year nephew was just diagnosed with sport induced asthma. Its good to hear that you can grow out of it.
A smoke environment can definitely play havoc with someone. Im glad your out of there as well.
Enjoy your country runs, medicine free.