I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Progress

So. Peyton will be 10 weeks this coming sunday and I will have been exercising for 4 weeks. I will post a jean pic to see how those things are fitting. No they don't fit yet, but I think I can almost get them done up :)

I have been running three times a week and I'm running 4(7:1). I have been finding that my knee has been quite sore after a run. I had bursitis in my left knee for a year before I became pregnant again and I think it is back!!! Sooooo frustrating.
So...I am watching my techniquie, making sure I stretch my hamstrings much better than I have been and I've HAD TO SLOW DOWN!!!
The last one is very hard for me to do. I don't feel like I am 'working out' unless I have a good sweat on and I'm breathing hard, so I think I've been pushing myself too hard too soon.
So.... yesterday I went out at an excrutiatingly (sp?) slow pace and just watched my form. I did 5km in about 30mins. Voila!!! my knee feels great today. Yay for me.

I have also been biking around the block (10kms) the days I am not running. My running partner is taking a break so we bike together. This is helping me strengthen my quads which I think is also helping my knee quite alot. That and the stretching.

All in all I am doing 30mins of exercise 6days a week and resting completely one day. I have not weighed myself yet but I will this monday after a total of 4 weeks of working out. I am frustrated that it has come off slower than my previous pregnancies but I can slowly feel changes. I just started adding the cycling so I think in 2 weeks time that will make a huge difference.

That is it for now.

No comments: