I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Reasons to Run

I am formulating this list as the days pass. I keep saving this blog entry and adding as I go. It seems as though the reasons I run are so numerous that I think of a different reason every day. So here is my list so far.....I am sure I will add to it as the days go on.



1) My skin looks great after a run.

2) I love the adrenaline rush and subsequent calm feeling moments after I complete a run

3) However bad a day I am having it is always left on the pavement

4) I can eat whatever I want because my body burns fat more efficiently

5) I feel more confident in whatever I am wearing

6) I have so much more energy throughout the day and sleep better at night

7) I get to challenge myself. Push myself to my limits and overcome them

8) It is a way to be by myself. I do some great problem solving on my runs

9) I love that running involves me and a pair of running shoes. No fancy equipment.

10) It is a great example for my kids to make fitness an important part of our lives.

11) Running makes me feel alive

12) Fresh air is so good for the soul

13) My favorite thing is finishing a run to 'These 1000 hills' by Third day, as the sun is setting, hitting my face and a cool breeze is blowing.

No comments: