I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Sunday, June 24, 2007

First Run since October 2006!!



I feel great. Minus the fact that there is a six week old screaming while strapped to me at the moment....but I'll stay on topic here. Cheryl and I went for our first run. So far so good. We did 7(2:1) (see running program). My Uterus is slightly tender and I can feel my leg muscles, but that is just basic work out aches. It was nice to get out. Cheryl lives across the street so all we had to do was leave all six kids with Adam for 21 minutes while we ran down the road. We are going to take full advantage of Adam's paternity leave and the fact that we live across the street from each other.


I love running....it makes dealing with everything in life so much easier. It also allows me to eat chocolate truffles and consume bags of chips at a camp fire :) That is the real reason here.


Anyway, he is still screaming so I'll just post a pic Adam took when we got back




2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hi Alyson!

I feel great. No ill effects yet...we'll see tomorrow morning how I feel. I was concerned about how my knees would feel but I feel no pain. Must be that great technique! lol

I look forward to Tuesday.

Sara said...

You go girls! Thanks again for the inspiration Alyson.