I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Saturday, June 30, 2007

The importance of rest

My running partner and I feel great after completing our first week of 7(2:1) !! yay for us! I just love the fact that she lives across the street and so there is no driving involved. Alot easier to coordinate someone to come over for 21 minutes while we head out the door. That is certainly another benefit of being surrounded by in-laws :)

We both want to go for a run today but know that we should wait until tomorrow. Tomorrow we start 4(4:1). Running four minutes straight vs. two will make a big difference so it is important to allow our bodies to recover today. We are concentrating on our technique. We are doing well with the quick cadence (40ish left foot strikes in 30secs).

Rest is so important, even at this easier level. Enough sleep at night, and allowing your muscles to repair themselves is vital. Since we are going from zero to something we are kind of 'shocking' our systems so slowly but surely is the better approach. Besides...when a day later you are looking forward to another run that is a good sign that you are doing things right. What is not good is when you push yourself too hard and getting out the door (knowing it will hurt) is difficult.

So....Good running partner + Rest = Motivation!!!!

No comments: