I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Water Logged

I can't emphasize enough the importance of water. Our bodies are 60% water. We use it for all sorts of chemical reactions and differnce things and it is the main way to rid our body of all sorts of bad stuff. Anyway if you are trying to change your eating habits the best thing and simplest thing to do is start drinking water. Find a water bottle that matches your outfit and carry it will you ALWAYS. Tea/ Coffee is o.k for the morning, and a glass or milk/soy milk is fine for supper, but don't and I mean DO NOT consume fillers that do nothing for you other than rot your teeth and mess up your systems. By this I am including any sort of fizzy drink, and pure juice. Juice you say?? that is right. Juice spikes your blood sugar and messes with your brain. kind of like eating a chocolate bar. You get hyper and then crash. So if you want some juice please make sure you water it down 50/50.
Don't get me wrong...I drink tea and juice and the occasional alcoholic beverage. But I make sure I get my 1 litre of water a day. If it is cold out I make sure I finish my water bottle at least once (500ml), If I am working out, breastfeeding, and it is hot...I stick to just water.
Trust me your body will thank you later.
And just so you know....contrary to popular oppinion water does not make you bloated. Salt does. In fact, that more hydrated you are the better your body is able to get rid of excess water and crap.
Rule of thumb..... If your pee is any darker than yellow margarine....keep drinking.

On another note...it is 30 degrees out here, but with the humidity it feels like 42. That is Celcius for you americans. I think that is between 90-100F. Anyhoo it is hot. We will be going for our third run really early tomorrow morning and jumping into a pool. If I did not have a running partner I don't think I would even move. I need to stay motivated as well as hydrated. That is proving difficult today.

No comments: