I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

The Dance

One step forward...Two steps back. That is how I always feel my good eating habits, mood and weight loss goes. I have been doing pretty good. Feeling better with more energy to burn. Last night hubby left for softball and left me alone with cookies and chips. No I'm not blaming him...just explaining myself.

Four very yummy cookies and way too many chips later I felt so crappy. Why oh why did I do that??? Oh well. Today is another day and I will start over. There is no sense in fretting about it.

Eating at night like that is so much worse for a few reasons.
1) Your metabolism is slower at night and the better chance of it sitting on your hips
2) You are slowing down and going to sleep so you physically won't do enough to burn it off anyway because you don't need the energy
3) Your sleep is disrupted because your body working at breaking down the food
4) For me personally....I wake up hungrier in the morning and get really bloated from all the salt

So lessons learned...I will try to keep those in mind for next time.

No comments: