I am moving to the country tomorrow and will be off line for a while untill we get our internet set up.
It was a crazy second week as I predicted it would be but I'm doing well. So far my weight keeps dropping without much effort so I am grateful for that. I'm still in maternity clothes for now but I no longer look pregnant. I will post a photo when I unpack the camera.
So here are the things I'm doing to help my body and mind...Stress and poor diet is a huge contributing factor to postpardum depression and water retention. It is so important to take care of yourself at this point. Love your body and mind and take care of yourself....not just your new baby. Everyone will benefit.
I have been....
1) going to bed as early as possible every night
2) letting go of some housework so I don't break my back
3) taking my prenatal vitamins
4) avoiding sugar as much as possible,and eating when I'm hungry
5)accepting help from those that offer
6)visiting the chiropractor to make sure I am functioning at full 'power'
7) Working on my posture because holding and looking at a newborn tilts my neck forward
8) remembering my keigle excercises (think...holding in your pee at midstream)
10) Breastfeeding. I can't emphasize enough how good it is for both you and the baby. It is a huge help in immediate weight loss.