I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Saturday, May 19, 2007

End of the first week

One week ago I delivered my baby boy. I've taken this time to rest and recuperate and TRY not to over do things.

I sent my family away which helped ALOT!!



My emotions are great so far. I am concentrating on packing for the new house now and just enjoying the last week here in the subburbs. Adam is at the new house this week finishing off the painting and so I'm left alone with the three kids.

Since Lara is finished her homeschooling for the year we are just going to enjoy the warm weather, visit with friends and walk to the park everyday.

Peyton sleeps anywhere, and of course I can feed him anytime so there is no reason to be house bound. Besides...we are going to miss our friends and the parks that are so close so why not take advantage of them while we can?



My appetite this week was incredible. I literaly FELT the rumbly tumbly's alot so just ate as I needed to. My body is switching from pregnancy mode to breasfeeding so I know my metabolism is shifting. I indulged a little too much on some cake and chips my friends brought but whatever. If I started to 'diet' the week after giving birth that would have been too much for my body. I just have to remember to eat the best I can and try not to consume things that make poor Peyton too gasy :)



I'm still in my maternity clothes (annoying)...as my summer clothes are all waaayyyy too small and definitely too tight for my comfort. These boobs are really really....really large and if I wear a tight top I look about five months pregnant. So....comfy cute maternity clothes it is. I literaly can't suck in this gut and franctly I don't plan on looking at my stomach for another 5 weeks so why bother torturing myself. I packed all my itty bitty clothes away and all I have to look at is my maternity wear so that makes me feel much better.



As for exercise, my uterus is still sore when I cough and my ummmm ...stiches do not feel so hot. So.... walking to the park is good enough for me. My back is pretty sore lately from holding up these boobs as well so I'm going to work on my posture.