I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Week Before Practice Run

I have 2 runs to go before the Marathon. One week from this Sunday I will be running my first Marathon and I feel ready.

Tomorrow morning is the 'practice run'.  I'm NOT a morning runner, and I'll admit that since quiting the military 9 years ago, I have NEVER been able to drag my butt out of bed and run before 8am.

Since the race next week STARTS at 7am I figure I really should practice getting up early.  You see...I am a creature of habit. I NEED to have a coffee in the morning to get my motor running, and I NEEEEEEEED to have a poop...and I will NOT poop unless I sit and have a coffee and relax while checking my email. Catch my not so subtle drift??
 There is no way I'm risking a needed portapotty stop while running.  I also need to eat something so I have energy but have it out of my stomach by the time I start running.

So that would mean a wake up time of 5am or so.  I will aim for 5am tomorrow morning and if I find that is ample time, then next week I may try 5:30am.  I'm REALLY glad I booked a hotel room that is literally across from the start line.  If I hadn't I would be looking at a 4:30am start.  That my friends is just ridiculous. 

The weather has also turned ridiculously amazing. This is probably the nicest Victoria long weekend we could have asked for. After running all winter in crazy cold,ice sleet, and rain we are now in hot humid sticky weather.  I'm positive that is WHY the race begins at 7am and I'm O.K with that. I'm actually glad I've have a good 4 runs now in the extreme heat. I've been able to try out sunscreen and new shorts.  Yes Shorts.  Wearing shorts my friends is an adventure all on its own. I am still shocked at what 4 kids and my 30's have done to my thighs. Why didn't anyone warn me that skin can look like that?  My chicken legs are another reason why I take the summer off running.  Bring on the winter Freeze Ur Buns runs in my parka and mukluks.

I will admit that I ran out and got my first ever spray tan in order to trick my mind into thinking I still have the legs of a 20 year old.  That my friends is a post all on its own.  Seriously. I felt like I was in a bad episode of Friends. 

So that is it for now. I need to try to get to bed for my early run. Please pray for snow ;)

No comments: