I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Friday, May 25, 2012

As ready as I will ever be

I've got everything figured out. My outfit, my gels, the course map. I've rested, hydrated and mentally prepared myself the last few days. I'm as ready as I'm ever going to be to run my first ever Marathon.

We leave tomorrow morning for Ottawa. There I will be picking up my race kit, watching the 5km race and having a pre race dinner with my dear friend.  Then I will take a bath and head to bed as early as possible.

Sunday morning I will wake at 5am like I prepared. Eat breakfast and all that other good stuff and head to the start line at 6:30am.

The gun goes off at 7 am.  At that moment I will take my first few steps to running my first Marathon. I've waited over 5 years for this, and have trained for months.  I have a goal time in mind but I don't really care what I come in.  By 11am it should be all over and I expect to be filled with a million emotions.

Whatever happens, will happen. I am ready and will give it everything I have. I will be running for me. I will be running for Nicholas. I will be running for the glory of God.

Yup...I'm ready. Let's bring it on. Thank you to all my friends for your support and encouragement.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alyson,

I just wanted to wish you good luck tomorrow in your endeavour of your first marathon (I dont think it will be your last). I will be thinking of you tomorrow as you start and finish your race...... GOOD LUCK!!

Jenn Esser