I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Sunday, August 28, 2011

The end of Vacation.....

I've taken the summer off. Both in the blogosphere and with my nutrition and exercise....and it SHOWS!!
I don't regret taking the summer off. It has been one of the hottest summers I can remember, and frankly after all that hard work and routine training for the 1/2 marathon I wanted a break from focusing on my body.
BUT.....

I have gained 5 pounds or so. Normally I would not care but if I don't get back to running, my jeans are NOT going to fit this fall!!!  Already they are tight and uncomfortable and I do not like that feeling at all.  The best thing about being in shape is the NON-FACTOR of weight and size, meaning I can just throw on clothes and go...no fussing, pulling, or feeling self conscious.  It is a nice place to be, one that I am looking forward to feeling again.

With school coming up, and the start up of programs for the children, I have no doubt I will get back to my running schedule as well.  It will be good for my body as well as my mind...Like the return of an old friend.

I have a lot to say but you will just have to wait a little longer. The kids head to the school system in 8 days. I am busy holding onto them and enjoying them as much as I can. After that I have a feeling you will hear from me more often as I blog about our school experience.

Till then....

No comments: