I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Friday, July 1, 2011

Happy Canada Day run Eh!!

 Canada day around here means a 7am start for the children's Fun Run.  This year 3 of my babies ran it.
                                        Erin ran her first race ever and came 2nd in her age category.


 That is Lara in the red tank top racing with the older kids. Coming in 12th place is pretty good for a 9 year old racing with 13's and under. She came in 3rd for her age category and was the 4th GIRL to cross the finish line.
            Peyton did a GREAT job of not quitting. And hey... at least there were TWO kids behind us ;) 


And of course little Audrey did a wonderful job as cheerleader and post snack eater ;)


As for me, I ran the 5km in 23:38.  Not a pb BUT WAY faster than I planned on, and faster then I have ran it in a few years. I'm pretty convinced now that running is mental....In a few ways ;)  Seriously though, after running 21kms, I just kept saying to myself that 5kms is sooo short. I knowing it would be over in less than 25minutes kept me motivated enough to keep pushing through the pain and sweat.

                See the red face? I'm pretty sure this is about the time I thought I was going to vomit ;)

So after a nap and a coffee I'm ready for the Canada Day festivities.  Happy Canada Day Eh!!

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

You rock! Very impressive stuff...you and the kiddies both.

AnnG said...

Great job to all of you and that is awesome that the kids did so well in their races, too! See the example you are setting for them??!! Good job, mom!