I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Goals are Good...And it is O.K if they are someone else's.

I ran my first 10km since my 1/2 Marathon exactly one month ago today. At least I don't THINK I've ran 10k since?? Anyway, it felt nice to push myself.
I ran with a running partner, but forgot my water. The running partner helped to keep me going..The lack of water did not. Ouch.

I have days where I think I could run the full, or just 'go run another half'.  Then I run 10k and realize just how far that really is!

I'm glad I did it, I'm glad I'm still running, but I'm glad that I am taking a break from serious training.  Some day again I will set a new goal. For now I am happy to be running alongside someone else while they pursue theirs ;)

No comments: