I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

6 Days to go!

I can hardly believe that next Sunday I will be standing at the starting line about to run my first 1/2 Marathon. I feel a little like I did 8 years ago when I ran my first race EVER. Just like then, I picked a HUGE race to run. Then I was amongst 50 000 other people at the Vancouver Sun Run, and this time I will be jammed with thousands of other hopefuls in Ottawa.

I did not think I would run a Half Marathon. Not because I did not think I could do it, but because my ultimate goal is a Full. I figured if I trained for a Half I would realize just how much further I would have to go to run a full! Kind of stupid thinking. Only because if I were training for a full I would eventually be at a point where my TRAINING RUNS are half marathons! So really...If I were to train for a FULL marathon it would make sense to look at this 'race' as just another run. I think if I were to do a FULL, then I should just keep going.

Although I don't like the idea of running in the summer heat, or the hours of training it would take, I REALLY REALLY like the idea of 'getting it over with'. I mean really...I'm half way there!! I might as well continue on.

Hmmm....Something to think about.

Let's see....More hours of running, more physio appointments, more gel packs to buy,more ice baths and running shoes, more blood sweat and tears, and more time away from my family. The positive?? ONE MORE THING CROSSED OFF MY BUCKET LIST. I think the last point makes the first ones all worth it no?

The Marathon finish line feels daunting at this point. But then so did the 1/2 Marathon 6 months ago. I'm ready for the 21kms because I did it one step at a time. Literally. I CAN do the full and must admit that it excites me that I may accomplish something that always seemed so far out of reach.

Again...Something to think about.

1 comment:

AnnG said...

Can't wait to hear how you do on your 1/2 marathon!! You can do it!! Go forth and be YOU!!