I'm here and I'm alive I promise. I have just been busy. Not crazy busy, but busy enough that I just have not felt like blogging much. Not a bad thing. Sometimes I sort things out in my head. Sometimes I just don't feel like sharing, and sometimes I just have nothing to say.
There IS a lot going on but I'll focus on my training for now....
So how is it going you ask?
Well I was sidelined last week with the flu. Not so good for training. That and the increased mileage have caused some pretty wicked injuries on my body.
The injuries are as follows:
extremely painful feet
left calf pain
left knee pain
EXTREMELY tight hamstrings
left hip pain
So what have I done about it?
Reflexology,massage therapy,Chiropractor, Physio AND consult with Running experts.
1) Buying cheap running shoes at Winners was NOT such a good idea. New Mizuno Riders will be gracing my feet within a few days.
2) Running on the left side of the road for 30km a week caused my left leg to be an INCH longer than the right.
3) My hips are twisted and off center. Consequences of having 4 babies I would assume.
4) I may have a slight meniscus tear
5) I also may have pulled my hamstring
6) Physio and Chiro with stretching and massage of hamstrings are necessary for the next few weeks. Having my Chiro put my hips back in place to even my legs out...kind of important. I have a feeling that this is causing ALL the muscle imbalances
7) Ice baths and yoga will become my best friends.
I tell you. This 1/2 Marathon training is not for the weak. I have a completely new appreciation for Joe Blo Citizen who attempts this. You need a strong body, Strong Mind AND good health coverage ;)
Last Sunday you would have picked me up in your car out of pity if you saw me running.
This week I am feeling renewed. I have better knowledge this week and will be heading out for a run with a better mind set. Well that and my long run is 'only' 14km this week and not 18.
That's it for now...
Oh, and I still need donations!!! Please check out my web page at CanadaHelps.org I am trying to raise 1$ for every km I run. Seriously. Donate just one dollar!!!!! I just want to reach my goal.
O.K now THAT'S it for now..