I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Next Phase of Training: Strength Building

I've slowly been increasing my endurance with 3 days a week of running. Now I start running 4 days a week adding Tempo runs and Hill work as well as continually increasing my distance.

I'm still using THIS training plan if you would like to take a peek at it.

I'll admit to being a little nervous. I am not quite sure how to add another run in my already busy schedule. I have a terrible feeling I'm going to have to do a few pre dawn runs in the spring just to fit everything in. It is all worth it right??

I am looking forward to the challenge of figuring out this water and electrolyte thing on the run. It is kind of fun to have something completely new to play with. Hopefully it will keep my mind occupied while motivating me to push myself a little more.

We are all sick here so I'll be running on a little Sudafed. I am not allowing myself to take the week off. I'm already a week behind and I MUST stay on track or I won't build enough endurance to make it.

No comments: