I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Runner's Log

I ran 60minutes today. It is raining, I had a belly full of chocolate and I REALLY did not want to do it.

I don't know about this Half Marathon stuff. I think it was the dumbest idea I have come up with to date. I know....not very motivating but seriously. I have to run for over 2hrs? How boring. I must admit that for the first 50 minutes I was sort of grumbling to myself in boredom. I need to go slow and so I had too much left over energy to grumble and complain. At this pace my lungs don't feel like they are working at all but I know I need to stay slow and steady for my leg muscles to make it.

I can see HUGE benefits running with a partner for long runs. Misery loves company???

Perhaps this is how I felt when first training for a 5km? Maybe I will be able to push the pace in the future and feel like I worked out? I DID push the pace for the last 10minutes..mainly because I knew I was headed home!! :) Only then did I feel I had a great work out.

I'm glad I did it. This marathon stuff certainly is mostly mental and I'm sure I will be grateful for the challenge and accomplishment. Right now however I'm going to nap. Glycogen depletion maybe???

I'm done complaining because I really am glad I went....and managed to run for an ENTIRE HOUR!

2 comments:

Anita said...

Way to go Alyson!! That is awesome! And I bet you felt great that you ending up going to for your run!

AnnG said...

Wow!! Running for an hour??? That is simply amazing! I'm doing good to run for 20 minutes or so...still trying to get to the point where I can run an entire 5k, but I'm hoping it will happen this spring!