I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Establishing a habit

Ran for the second time this week. My goal is a slow 5km three times a week for three weeks. I have not been running enough to do anything more intense and if I'm going to train for a half marathon I need to build a base.

I also need to get the habit back. I have made it a PRIORITY on my schedule again and I'm not allowed any excuse not to go. I find this part the hardest. Sort of like in physics how a body at rest likes to stay at rest and a body in motion also likes to stay that way.

I am also ignoring all the other 'should not do's' in my life because when I'm running I WANT to eat better anyway. That is also a plus.....Remind me WHY I STOPPED RUNNING FOR SO LONG because at this point I am wondering what else could be better ??

So far all is good. I'm sleeping like a ROCK. I forgot how much better I sleep when I run in the evening. It is a great feeling. I laugh because it has only been twice in a week....you wouldn't think it would make that much of a difference but it does....

OH happy running and Merry Christmas to me ;)

No comments: