I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Saturday, October 9, 2010

No Regrets

I'm missing my first race. Like, slept in looked at the clock pulled the covers over my face and moaned missing my first race.
I didn't jump out of bed and rush around to make it. I just rolled over.

As I type this the race gun is going off. It is a GORGEOUS day outside and this 5km is in the country where Lara takes her riding lessons. The regret is huge. The disappointment is great. The longing to get out for a run again soon just kicked in.

I've allowed myself to give up running over the summer and I'm having a hard time kick starting again. I love to run. In fact I KNOW that I NEED to run to feel alive. So why have I allowed myself to let go of something so important to me?

I'm not sure. I'm thinking that missing this race and feeling so emotional about it just may be the push I needed. My wake up call.

After I had to stop training for my first marathon 3 years ago due to injury, every time I see a flyer for the Hartford Marathon my heart hurts a little. I don't want this to happen every time a race comes up. I don't want running to ever become something I USED to do.

I'm thinking when Adam returns from the barn I will have my running shoes laced up and ready to go.....It's time.

No comments: