I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Swine Flu Stuff

So I've been doing a lot of thinking and research about the swine flu vaccine. Do I get it or not? Do I NEED it or not??

There seems to be a lot of conflicting information out there and unanswered questions. After doing some research I feel more informed but there are so many things I still want to know.
I'm making an appointment with my doctor to talk to him about it as well as booking an appointment with my naturopathic doctor. I'm sure that by the time the vaccine is available to all I will know what I wish to do.

I'm sanitizing my shopping cart, washing my kids constantly, and taking my vitamins.

In the mean time there IS something that is bugging me.
Out of ALL the articles in the local paper and news about how to help prevent the spread of the disease NONE seem to mention the OBVIOUS.

OTHER than cover your cough and sneeze with your sleeve, wash your hands and disinfect everything, I would REALLY like to be seeing the following:

1) Get plenty of Rest.
2) Drink plenty of water
3) Eat well
4) Take your vitamins, extra vitamin C, and zinc.
5) Try immune boosters such as green juice, eccinecea, Cold Fx
6) Blow your nose hard at the end of each day and gargle with salt water. This helps to kill anything that is just sitting there. (thank you kirsten for that advice)
7) and EXERCISE!!

There is no better PREVENTION than a healthy body and healthy immune system to fight off any flu bug. So do some research. Find out what YOU can do and what YOU can take to boost your immune system.

most of all. GET INFORMED!!!!!!!!!