I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Ready for Baby!!!

I'm slowly getting ready for this baby to arrive. In fact, I think if she were to be born tomorrow I would have everything prepared.
The infant car seat is installed and the bags are packed. I have the newborn pj's washed and ready to go and purchased the newborn diapers.

Getting things ready has been a huge help in helping me get over my anxiety about her arrival. I can still say that I REALLY REALLY REALLY don't want to give birth, but I think wanting to see her soon is helping me get ready to do this pushing thing.

Washing and folding the newborn stuff my sister in law bought me was A LOT of fun. You forget how tiny they are!!! To see them all neatly folded in the drawer and waiting her arrival is fun. I remember doing this with all 3 of the other kids. I can especially remember sitting in their rooms and picturing them in the crib and feeling like that special day would NEVER come. But it does, and it will very shortly.
This being my fourth child I've allowed myself to purchase items that I want for them. Things like these organic baby items. The more children I have the more informed I become and I want to give her the best start possible, and my way to do that is to purchase some lovely organic and/or hand made items. It is also a treat to buy the things that I've seen after having the other 3 and wishing I knew about it then.

She will be sleeping in this beautiful cradle lent by my friend Suzin in our room for a few months. The girls of course could not resist placing a baby in it to keep it warm for her.


Here is my cute basket of cloth diapers waiting to caress her little tush. For the first few days/weeks I do use disposable. It saves me a little work since they seem to poop 10 times a day for the first bit. What's up with that black sticky poop anyway?? ewwww. I have to admit that I can't wait for breast milk poop again. Soooooooo much less stinky and yucky.


See? Bag is packed and ready to go. rice and lavender heat wrap and fuzzy slippers included.


Since I have YET to be early in delivery, I can expect that everything will stay as is for 4 weeks yet.
Today that seems like a very...very....very...very long time.

Just more time to fold and unfold the baby clothes and picture what she looks like. I guess that is not so bad.

5 comments:

momofthecrazies said...

Getting so excited to hear about the arrival of this little girl. Hope the next 4 weeks are enjoyable.

Nancy said...

Who knows - this one might be early - or at least, she may arrive on your due date (It happens - Kirk did). Anyway - you are so organized and well prepared - kudos!

Marie said...

Wow, you are ready! We haven't buckled the car seat yet, but other than that we are good to go.

I pray for coolness for you! We have an airconditioner that keeps the house a dry 68*, much better than the 90s outside, sticky and awful. I sent my kids to the beach with another family so I wouldn't have to sit out in the heat! We got our electric bill, it is very high but I told my husband I am NOT turning of the AC.

I was also glad to hear you don't go early either, I cringe every time you post thinking you will have had your baby and I am still huge! Now if she does come early I can be happy for you! My fourth was induced on the due date, and then AGAIN the next day!! Never had one "on time", always in His time!

Andrea said...

I am getting the sophie giraffe too...love it!
glad you are all ready!!
best of luck!
xo

cathy said...

So exciting! The anticpation, the waiting. The daily wait for baby to arrive.

I miss that! Enjoy it! I am living this through you right now. If I could be preggers again, I would do it all over again.

Sophie was a big hit in our household!

Best of luck!!