I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

37 Weeks

Wow. 37 weeks today and 'full term'. Since I'm always overdue really I could have another 4-5 weeks to go so I won't anticipate baby's arrival anytime soon.

I am however emotional today. The emotions of knowing this journey will soon be over are a little overwhelming. I've enjoyed every minute of this pregnancy, held on tight, loved every kick and squirm. As much as I can't wait to meet her I don't want it to end. I am not ready to feel that 'empty' feeling a week or two after she is born. I don't want to have to care about my weight again and I'm scared to be responsible for yet another little life. Another tiny perfect little life that will count on me for everything. Look up to me and seek the answers from me. How will I do this and still nurture the other 3 enough?

I know it will all come together and sooner than later I won't be able to picture my life any other way. But today....Today I'm not ready. I need more time. I have a feeling I'll regret saying that come my due date and the days that follow ;)

2 comments:

momofthecrazies said...

Sending hugs your way!

Nancy said...

Almost 62 years ago, a mom was expecting her baby in early September. To the mom's surprise, her baby arrived on Aug. 29. Mom named her Nancy.