I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Monday, June 2, 2008

Marathon Training BEGINS!!!!!

For the next 18 weeks, I will be actively pursuing my marathon goal.

I have broken up my training into 4 parts. Two Six week segments, and two 3 week segments.
My next six weeks will look like this....

Run 3x week
Yoga 1x week (good for flexibility and core strength)
Chiro every 2 weeks
Cross Train (10km Bike) 1x week

My runs will consist of 1 long run running 10:1 (run/walk), and two shorter Tempo (goal race pace), and Steady (hard short run).

2 comments:

Sara said...

You're such an inspiration! I can't wait to celebrate you achieving your goal!

cathy said...

Good for you Alyson! I know couple of my friends are starting their marathon training this week too! My half mara training starts in two weeks.

I am so excited to read all about your journey to marathon!

Yay! Good luck!