I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Knee issues

Went for another 5am run this morning. I can get used to the early mornings. The sun is up and the air is crisp, and in this heat and humidity, the early rise is nice.

I have to admit that I'm having knee problems. I have been plagued with issues with my left knee for a few years now. All went well my 10km race but now it seems to be back. I'm frustrated because at this point I am only running 3 days a week, and logging 20kms or so. Really I should be up to almost 38kms a week.

I'm scared. I'm scared I'm not going to make it. I'm scared and frustrated that this is happening.

I am getting new shoes IMEDIATELY, as I think this is having an effect. 5yr old runners just will not cut it.

and yes...maybe a running skirt found on e-bay for a deal with be help too ;)

1 comment:

cathy said...

Oh Alyson...sorry to hear about your knee. I hope the new runners will feel like little pillows and all will be well!

Hang in there! And you will love running in a skirt!! Seriously I love it!! I feel so girly and strong!!