I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Friday, February 22, 2008

Running My First 5km Tomorrow

I am an EXTREMILY Competitive person. Not necessarity against others, but definitely with myself.

I always need to push myself, strive to succeed in whatever I do...and beat my old records so to speak. To be honest, sometimes I drive myself crazy doing that.

You see...I know I don't stand a chance to actually Win the race tomorrow. That is o.k with me. But I really....really just want to be able to enjoy it. To go out and see how fast I am and where I stand. Not RACE.

However...I also know my competitive nature will take over and I will start to crave some sort of victory...a time? a medal for my age group? And to be completely honest, I WILL be a little dissapointed when I see I am not quite as fast as I used to be.

So now I'm nervous for the race. I feel it in my bones.

Grrrrrr...

Pray for me. I just Want to Have Fun...Really.

No comments: