I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Easy,Fast,Nutritious Meals part two

Here is another example of my lack of love for recipes, but love of good for me food.

I'm eating a toasted chicken sandwich.
The bread is homemade (bread maker)...feel free to use whole wheat from the store.
chicken is from a whole chicken I roasted a week ago. (Just pull off the bits and put in freezer bags. Then, put in fridge for sandwich meat when needed)
The mayonnaise is Hellman's Olive oil mayo. really creamy...don't need much.
The cheese is a good cheddar.

The veggies are cherry tomatoes, pre cut carrots, prewashed spinach, red pepper in strips and avocado. I sprinkle a bit of flax seed oil over them. It gives it a nutty flavor. oh, and we had apples for some sweetness.

This seriously took me 4 minutes to do start to finish.


The kids are eating a grilled cheese with good cheddar and organic butter. They are eating the same veggies with the flax seed oil and an itty itty bit of mayo on them for creamy-ness.
They had organic yogurt for desert.
I think they are drinking watered down apple juice. That or raw milk..or soy milk. Whatever...oh wait I just looked at the picture. Here they are drinking water from our well.
Sometimes I just cut up all the veggies and put in a big bowl. Every meal I can bring out the bowl and they pick away. Less prep time.



Easy Peezy......fast never has to involve processed cheese slices and preservatives.

No comments: