I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Friday, November 23, 2007

supplements for energy

I've been on a quest to find more energy these days.
Having a 5 and 3 year old that don't nap, and a teething 6 month old does not give me much time to rest during the day.
The 6pm bedtime for all three however does allow my evenings for myself.
However, since Peyton is still not sleeping through the night I need to eat really well to maitain my energy all day.

I generally eat well, but to be honest lately I have been thinking of my nutritional needs last.

I've begun a B vitamin supplement today. The Evening Primrose seems to be helping significantly with my moods, and the Daily Materna multi vitamin helps to make sure I am getting enough.
Apparantly the B vitamin supplement helps with energy levels so I'll keep y'all updated.

6 comments:

Sara said...

You should talk to Kelly about supplements - she can help you figure out exactly what you need so that you aren't wasting your money on stuff you're already getting enough of. My grandmother found a huge change in her energy when she started taking a B complex vitamin. I take a multi, calcium/magnesium, and an extra vitamin C in the winter. I also take a teaspoon of cod liver oil.

cathy said...

Do you know if omega supplements and vitamin D supplements are safe for breastfeeding?

I am only taking a prenatal myself, and I know I need more energy too.

Sara said...

Some companies make a specific brand of Omega 3 supplements for pregnant and nursing women but if you talk to anyone in a reputable health food store they should be able to advise you which ones are safe. W/ cod liver oil (which I take) you can go over your daily requirement for vitamin A & D when taken w/ your multi, which could affect the baby, so a different fish oil would be better while nursing. HTH.

Carey said...

Is there different types of B vitamins, if so how do you know which one to take. I sure could use an energy boost.

Alyson said...

There are definitely different B vitamins. I am just taking a complex. It has all of them except for B12.
Talk to a naturopathic nutritionist to find out what is best for you.

cathy said...

Thanks!