I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Friday, November 16, 2007

Plactics

Part of being a fit mom for me is a 'whole' experience. Mind,body,sould ect.

This week I am trying to rid my house of plastic containers. Did you know that there is debate about plastic #7? All plastics are bad. In fact all plastics leak a little chemical into your food and water. Number 7 however has a hormone affecting chemical called Bisphenol A. My water bottle is made out of number 7 plastic. So...in the recycling it goes.
I am switching to an aluminum water bottle and I'm going to use as many glass containers as I can.

Don't even get me started on plastic wrap. Seriously....if you use it just please...please don't EVER put it in the microwave.

Do yourself a favor...research plastics.

Sad part is...they are everywhere.
Our containers, and our kids toys.

Here is a site to get you started. If you are interested in safe non-toxic toys there are many links on my other blog and tons of stores on-line.

The numbers on Plastic containers

1 comment:

cathy said...

Thanks Alyson! I saw a bit about this on the news...another benefit of breastfeeding!

I am going to do more research in my free time!