I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Monday, September 17, 2007

Terry Fox did it...so can I ????

I went for a run. I did not end up running the Terry Fox Run though. It was at 1pm and would have been really hard to do with my breastfeeding baby. So...I decided to spend some time on my own and run the 10-11km loop that Cheryl and I normaly BIKE.

I had not been alone and done something for myself all week so I was looking forward to the solitude.

I figured if Terry could do it...so could I. Wow that was a challenge. I was alright for the first 7kms or so...then every part of my body started to ache.

Running for me is such a challenge. A good one though. It is not a challenge against any machine....it is a challenge against my mind and my body.

running and pushing myself physically proves to me that I can do anything. I can overcome anything if I can do that, and with the Lord's help I can keep pushing.

I won't pretend that my body does not ache today. Running 10km after almost two weeks off was not smart. But I did it. I did it in 1hr and 5mins if you are wondering.

At this point however, I can not IMAGINE running that loop TWICE to make a half marathon or FOUR TIMES!! to make a marathon.

Am I up for that kind of challenge????

We will see.

1 comment:

cathy said...

I was just going to ask you about that, and voila. Your post! Congrats, I know how that feels too. You did great Alyson. Be proud. And, I know with time you could do the half or the full marathon!